Jessica Piper for Missouri, a rural, progressive political campaign, seeks a passionate volunteer in either Nodaway, Atchison, Gentry, or Holt County to help get Jessica Piper elected to the Missouri House of Representatives in November 2022.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Field Intern will be responsible for assisting with the field program for the Piper campaign. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the implementation of the campaign’s data-driven field program in the district
- Execute voter contact efforts, such as phone banks, canvasses, and voter registration for volunteers in the area
- Recruit, develop and train volunteer teams and leaders
- Work directly with county and municipal Democratic organizations in the district
- Attend local events to recruit volunteers, talk about campaign, and build community relationships
- Ensure that all metrics related to field activities are properly tracked
- Values that align with candidate
- At least 1 cycle of field experience, including volunteer work
- Experience recruiting, training, and managing volunteers is preferred
- Experience managing some aspect of a volunteer operation
- Knowledge of and basic experience working with VoteBuilder (VAN), Reach, and miniVAN, or a strong willingness to learn the programs
- Extensive experience with Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, and an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A willingness to learn and improve
PAY, BENEFITS, LOGISTICS: The Field Intern is a volunteer position and will not be paid at this time. The field intern is expected to work about 10-15 hours a week. If the intern is a student, the campaign is willing to work with their university to provide internship credit hours. This position will run through the November 2022 election. We will be hiring multiple interns.
TO APPLY: Send resume and 1-2 references to Tara Logan, Piper for Missouri Chief Consultant/Field Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter optional, but encouraged. Please use “Field Intern Application — (Name)” as the subject. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. Jessica Piper will not be involved in the selection process.