Position Summary: The Special Assistant to the President/CEO is responsible for some organizational management oversight, administrative tasks, and external partner relationships as directed by the
President/CEO. This position will manage assigned projects from planning through completion of execution. This position will also provide support for other areas in the organization. (Hybrid work environment, intermittently).
Salary and Benefits:
- Benefits: Full-time salaried position with benefits for a full-time position as determined in the current Beyond Housing Employee Handbook
- Salary: $45,000 – $55,000
- Hybrid work environment, intermittently
Please send your resume, and cover letter in MS Word format to HR@beyondhousing.org.
Essential Functions & Other Responsibilities:
- Assist President/CEO in oversight of Beyond Housing’s Strategic Plan, including monitoring the progress on goals in the plan.
- Work with Beyond Housing Senior Staff members on goal attainment and reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Attend meetings with the President/CEO and complete all follow-up tasks and as needed attend meetings on behalf of the President/CEO.
- Assist President/CEO with board/committee work for Beyond Housing, 24:1 Community Land Trust, Beyond Housing Capital Fund Inc., and external boards and other groups as needed.
- Complete administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings, booking travel and coordinating site visits, as well as developing presentations.
- Support departments and programs across the organizations with event planning.
- Manage special initiatives as assigned by the President/CEO.
- Provide analytical and writing support for documents (e.g., grants, reports, and publications) from the President/CEO and other Senior Staff members.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor or master’s degree preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prefer 5 – 7 years of work/education experience in housing, community development, social services, or a related field.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills, including the ability to multi-task, are required.
- The ability to take a proactive approach, exercise professional judgment, and make sound business decisions is a must.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- The ability to be confidential with sensitive information is needed.
- The ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours as needed is required.
- Must demonstrative critical thinking & problem-solving skills while delivering quality results in the face of multiple competing projects/assignments.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated capacity to connect with individuals across racial, ethnic, cultural, religious, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and other identities required
- Extensive knowledge and expertise of communities within the 24:1 footprint preferred
- Demonstrated experience with preparing for meetings of varying sizes, including developing presentations, is preferred
- Must demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required including telephone etiquette, generating electronic communications, developing internal and external paper documents, etc.
- Must be able to work independently and manage multiple competing priorities without constant supervision
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills are required
- Computer competency is required for internet use, Microsoft suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher), Adobe, and other job-specific software
- Must be willing and able to work flexible schedules and perform work outside of the office or outside of conventional office hours occasionally as needed
- Must have access to reliable personal vehicle transportation and insurance