Generate Health mobilizes and inspires the St. Louis region to advance racial equity and justice in pregnancy outcomes, family well-being, and community health. We are a multi-racial coalition committed to eliminating racial health disparities impacting Black pregnant/ Birthing People and babies by:
- Centering the leadership of Black pregnant and parenting families with lived experience
- Illuminating the root causes of racial disparities in infant mortality and maternal health
- Advocating for the redirection of resources
- Catalyzing action and coordinating service delivery
- Advancing regional accountability for equitable systems
Develop and implement an advocacy strategy
• Lead the development and execution of an advocacy agenda.
• Work closely with community leaders and initiative partners to advocate for policy change.
• Develop strategy and tactics to influence policy change utilizing relationships and resources available.
Communicate effectively internally and externally
• Create social media content and coordinate with communication staff on use of social media platforms to advance and accelerate advocacy priorities.
• Plan media outreach and write persuasive articles and letters for media including letters to the Editor, Op Eds, interviews, etc.
• Create written communications regarding policies or proposed policies utilizing a racial equity lens, prioritizing community voice, and integrating qualitative and quantitative data.
Partnership development and relations
• Build and nurture relationships with elected officials and policy leaders to advance advocacy agenda.
• Grow a community and network of stakeholders committed to improving Black maternal health.
• Participate in local and statewide coalitions to advance and accelerate priorities.
Research, monitor, and analyze
• Stay up to date and informed on policy and political shifts locally and at the state level.
• Research policies outside St. Louis, Missouri to help inform advocacy efforts and policy development.
• Track, monitor, and report on policy successes and challenges.
• Skilled in critical thinking – analyze complex information and draw accurate and useful conclusions.
• Skilled in evaluating, interpreting, and organizing information that helps form policies and meaningful actions.
Qualifications / Prior Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, public policy, social work, political science, communications, or related field.
• Demonstrated experience planning, managing, and implementing advocacy initiatives.
• Proven skill and proficiency in policy-related analytical skills and moving others to action.
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with diverse populations with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience public speaking, facilitating, and coalition-building.
• Demonstrated ability to consume, understand, and translate complex policy and research issues to maximize use and impact for diverse audiences.
• Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and internet.
• Knowledge of racial equity and ability to reflect on where you are in your own journey.
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.