Position Summary: Maintenance Technicians are responsible for a wide variety of skilled and unskilled tasks relating to the repair and upkeep of a growing rental portfolio of 400+ single-family scattered site homes and apartments.
- Direct- Maintenance Manager
- Indirect- Maintenance Superintendent
Salary and Benefits:
- $21.00 – $23.00 per hour
- Full-time hourly position with benefits for a full-time position as determined in the current Beyond Housing Employee Handbook
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical- perform routine electrical repairs such as wiring, fuses, fixtures, and sockets, and repair/install/service HVAC systems
- Plumbing- perform routine plumbing repairs such as replace/repair/service water heaters, clear drain lines, replace broken pipes-worn out washers- gaskets, and or faucets- and floats.
- Carpentry- perform routine carpentry repairs such as kitchen cabinets, window screens/glass, door locks, and plaster/drywall
- Mechanical- perform routine mechanical repair such as repair/diagnose all major appliances, operating mower, snow blower, auger, and other needed power tools
- Pest Control- perform semi-annual and as-needed pest control services
- Other unskilled tasks such as interior and exterior painting, floor tile installation and repair, interior cleaning, lawn mowing, leaf raking, tree/shrub trimming, debris removal, snow removal, and other landscaping duties.
- Inventory- identifying, cataloging, and procuring necessary materials used in maintenance operations
- Basic troubleshooting and routine maintenance.
- Recognize when specialized knowledge is needed
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED required
- Technical training or extensive hands-on experience required
- 2 years experience in rental maintenance and/or similar field preferred
- Above-average knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and mechanical systems, with specialized knowledge in at least one of the before-mentioned areas.
- Ability to carry out other tasks, perform physical labor, operate tools and machinery, and lift at least 80 lbs.
- Ability to work in wet, damp, hot, cold, or dusty places
- Ability to stoop or kneel in order to gain access to work areas
- Ability to work while standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to recognize and correct conditions that require maintenance work
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a professional and cordial manner with co-workers and residents
- Ability to work effectively in both individual and group settings.
- Must respond to 24-hour maintenance emergencies during the evening, weekend, and holiday hours. The schedule is based on a department rotation
- Must have a valid class E license and valid insurance. Truck or van transportation is preferred
This position works primarily in a social services agency environment supporting multiple functions directed at assisting clients with home ownership. The Maintenance Technician will perform most functions in a business setting, either at the regularly assigned worksite or at off-site offices, training rooms, and/or other rooms found to accommodate small or large groups of clients. This position may frequently fluctuate from being constantly sedentary while compiling documents, working on computers; phones, and in personal interaction and conversations to being constantly in motion. This position may require occasional standing depending on the task being performed. The constant use of eyes and hands will be required in all environments where work is performed involving clerical tasks and personal interactions. The incumbent may frequently sit, stand, walk, reach, stoop, climb, lift, carry and bend when performing essential job functions including traveling to worksites in a vehicle. Seldom is defined as 1% to 5% of the time. Occasional is defined as 6% to 39% of the time. Frequently is defined as 40% to 74% of the time. Constantly is defined as 75% to 100% of the time.
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. This is considered a medium lifting required position.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Bending – frequent
- Pushing – frequent
- Hearing – constant
- Reaching – occasional
- Climbing – occasional
- Seeing – constant
- Speaking – frequent
- Standing -constant
- Walking – constant
Constant – activity is continually occurring and required to perform the essential functions of the job. Frequent – activity is a usual and customary part of the essential function of the job. Occasional – activity is needed to perform the essential functions of the job at random intervals. Not Required
Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@beyondhousing.org. This position will remain posted until it has been filled.