The Program Manager is an exempt position that will oversee the day-to-day execution and oversight of the Guaranteed Basic Income Pilot Program, by working in close collaboration with the Mayor’s Office, traditional and charter public schools, and other contracting agencies and organizations. This position is budgeted for 2 years with an annual salary of $70,000 with benefits.
This position requires a high level of skill in dealing with a variety of individuals. Professionalism and the ability to work in a team environment are essential elements of this position. The employee must possess the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees.
- Execute the Guaranteed Basic Income Pilot described by Board Bill 116
- Oversee the Request for Proposal process for vendors associated with the GBI Pilot
- Regularly coordinate activities with external partners, including vendors, school partners, data/evaluators, and more
- Responsible for navigating and coordinating benefits counseling with federal, state, and local entities
- Responsible for communicating changes in benefits for GBI participants throughout the
duration of the program
- Oversee grants, donations, and any external funds that are received for programming efforts
- Build relationships and partnerships with current and future financial institutions
- Facilitate weekly check-in calls with associated offices, agencies, and contracted entities
- Provide support to all pilot program participants
- Support all the partnering, estimated 99 schools
- Work with communication teams and any outside contractors to ensure adequate updates are made to respective offices and the public
- Will be required to work off site with partnering organizations on a regular basis.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in
program management. Supervisory experience is strongly preferred. GBI program
management experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Outstanding problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used in: statistical analysis, modeling, and reporting
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
At least two (2) references from established non-profit organizations, past employers, private firms or government agencies other than the procuring agency that can attest to your experience and ability to perform the contract subject of this solicitation, are preferred. You should provide the name, contact information and description of the services provided.
Applicants interested in applying for this position, should fill out the online form and add any supporting docs that may be necessary. Apply with our online form by clicking here.