Plan and help develop our community-based grocery store, People’s Harvest, in North County. For the first few months after hiring, the Grocery Store Manager will have the opportunity to help get People’s Harvest off the ground by planning the store’s operations in advance of the grand opening. Once the store is up and running, the Grocery Store Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the store. We are looking to push the traditional model of what a grocery store can be and how it relates to community, and we welcome any candidates excited by that project.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations: oversees staffing, product purchasing, merchandising, and maintains proper stock levels through appropriate product ordering
- Takes pride in performance of the team to provide outstanding level of service for the customer including the quality and freshness of products
- Ensure sufficient profit with a long-term focus on the store’s sustainable financial health so that it will provide dependable value to the community.
- Builds a strong, growth-oriented store culture based on kindness and community
- Aid in the hiring of store personnel by reviewing resumes and employment applications, as well as interviewing candidates
- Supervise and provide performance feedback to facilitate individual growth
- Act with a high level of emotional intelligence in customer service and regarding internal concerns with employees
- Understand the overarching mission, as well as communicate and model the core values of the organization
- Promote and support strong relationships with local community organizations in store’s surrounding area
- Ensure store compliance with and appropriate knowledge of federal, state, and local laws/enterprise policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (highly preferred)
- Deep knowledge of grocery store operations, including managing employees and grocery store supply chains
- Ideally at least 4 years of grocery store experience, including 2+ years supervising employees and with general management responsibilities
- High level of comfort with computers: able to effectively use Microsoft Office & Google Suite, POS software, and financial software
- Willingness to spend time where the operation needs it including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort working with diverse backgrounds.
- Entrepreneurial and problem-solving mindset: comfortable with ambiguity, change and growth in a start-up environment, willingness to challenge the status quo
- Committed to the People’s Harvest project and a vision of community betterment for North County and the people that live there.
Email Resume and Cover Letter to Erica Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.