In-Person (based out of St Louis, Kansas City, Springfield, or Columbia, MO)
REPORTS TO: Regional Organizing Director
PAY RATE: $5,000/Mo
BENEFITS: Eligible for healthcare stipends and gas reimbursements
SCHEDULE: 60Hrs/Week: Mondays off, Tuesdays 12PM – 7PM, Wednesdays 9AM – 7PM, Thursdays 9AM – 7PM, Fridays 9AM – 9PM, Saturdays 9AM – 9PM, Sundays 12PM – 9PM; schedule will be extended during GOTV only
LEAVE: Reasonable sick leave, bereavement, and paid holidays
Trudy Busch Valentine is a mother, nurse, supporter of children’s causes, and a fourth-generation Missourian running for US Senate. Field Organizers will work closely with their Regional Organizing Director to develop and implement direct voter contact strategies to recruit volunteers and engage voters in every county in Missouri. The largest portion of a Field Organizer’s time will be spent communicating with their Regional Organizing Director, completing projects assigned by their Regional Organizing Director, recruiting volunteers on the phone, on digital platforms, and at in-person events, managing the daily performance of Volunteer Leads, Volunteer Captains, and volunteers, and conducting direct voter contact at the door, on the phone, and over text.
Leadership and Management:
- Interview prospective Volunteer Leads.
- Recruit, train and retain a team of Volunteer Leads, Volunteer Captains, and volunteers from all across their region with the assistance of their Regional Organizing Director.
- Directly manage and assist in the work of Volunteer Leads and Volunteer Captains.
- Lead Volunteer Leads, Volunteer Captains, and volunteers in their work to support the priorities of the campaign; train and manage Volunteer Leads, Volunteer Captains, and volunteers; and conduct direct voter contact.
- Schedule and conduct one-on-one or group meetings with Volunteer Leads and Volunteer Captains to invest in their skill building and provide feedback on their work.
- Report to their Regional Organizing Director daily on the qualitative and quantitative state of their Volunteer Leads, Volunteer Captains, and volunteers.
- Advance for Finance, Political, and Organizing in-person events in their region.
- Host Zoom events including virtual phone banks, textbanks, and volunteer meetings.
Developing an Organizing Program:
- Support the overall strategy of Trudy Busch Valentine for Senate with a focus on grassroots and digital volunteer mobilization and direct voter contact.
- Assist in monitoring trackers (such as an active volunteer tracker) to maintain accountability at the core of the program.
Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Capacity to balance and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Comfort with understanding and providing feedback on the difficult work of volunteers.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, one-on-one and in a group.
- Self-driven with the desire to put team success over personal ego.
- Strong grasp of contemporary political issues and current events, especially in Missouri.
- Deep and demonstrated commitment to progressive values.
- Experience recruiting and managing a team of volunteers highly preferred.
- At least 1 cycle of experience in organizing on local, congressional, or statewide campaigns or organizations preferred.
- Experience using VAN and Excel/GSheets preferred.
- Experience using miniVAN, Mobilize, and/or GetThru services preferred.
Please submit a copy of your resume to email@example.com
— — —
Trudy Busch Valentine for Senate is committed to diversity among its staff , and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Trudy Busch Valentine for Senate strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. Trudy Busch Valentine for Senate is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. Trudy Busch Valentine for Senate will not tolerate any such discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.