About LeadMO (c3) & LeadMO Action (c4) –
LeadMO is dedicated to uncovering, training, and networking the next generation of civic forward staff and candidates to build a better Missouri. We are focused on developing a diverse and inclusive pool of staff and candidates that represent the best of Missouri today with a vision of where we want to go in the future. We do this by working with local and statewide partners and political professionals from across the country to deliver the best trainings possible at little to no cost to the future leaders of Missouri.
About the role –
The LeadMO / LeadMO Action fellowship programs provide an opportunity for recent graduates/young professionals to engage in Missouri’s progressive ecosystem, assist on impactful projects and programs, all while earning a paycheck and real world experience. Our immersive program provides fellows with a holistic understanding of Missouri’s political space and the do-good work of civic-forward nonprofit organizations. Fellows will be placed on new and existing projects/programs that build a better Missouri; areas of work include, but are not limited to: organizing, development, communications, and research.
Our fellowships will be done in partnership with partner 501 (c)(3) & 501 (c)(4) organizations. This is a front-line role interacting with elected officials, organizing leads, institutional partners and donors and will require a passion for organizing people and a willingness to innovate and learn from setbacks.
Must-have skills –
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite and Google docs.
- Track record of working well in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
- Strong written and verbal skills with an understanding of complex political landscapes and a keen sense of communicating needs and opportunities.
- Comfortable working with people from all backgrounds regardless of race, sexual orientation, class, faith, or geography.
- An ‘organizer’ mindset – be ready to think through big problems and take risks to move a new organization forward while being a hands-on doer.
Nice-to-have skills –
- Familiarity with NGP Every Action and Voter Activation Network (VAN). Additional database experience is a plus.
- Experience in customer service or organizing.
- Strong belief in the values, principles, and ideals of LeadMO – including a commitment to equity.
- Currently living in or desire to return to Missouri.
- At least 1 cycle of campaign work (volunteer or paid) or completion of LeadMO Staff Cohort program.
- Ability to exercise superb judgement and political savvy.
- A willingness to tackle problems and embrace projects as part of a small, committed team.
- Up to a 16-week fellowship
- Starting at $20/hour, approximately 20 hours/week, for 8 weeks
- Access to LeadMO work-space in St. Louis, post pandemic
- LeadMO will work to find each Fellow a full-time position
To Apply –
Submit a resume, writing exercise, and two professional references to email@example.com.
Writing Exercise prompt: In no more than 1 page, describe what drives your personal passion for working in politics.
Submit all documents in pdf format.
Fellows are accepted on a rolling basis with approximate start dates of:
- January 1
- April 1
- July 1
- October 1
This position will remain open until filled.
LeadMO is an equal-opportunity employer. LeadMO is dedicated to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and/or disability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.