Job Type: Full Time
Purpose of Position: To engage, organize, and develop a movement of Amazon workers with the power to win concrete improvements in their wages and working conditions and advance a movement to fight racism and secure economic justice for all Missourians. This is a full time position. No experience required. Organizers will receive extensive training and support from veteran organizers with decades of combined experience and integrated into a culture of support and excellence.
About Missouri Workers Center: The Missouri Workers Center is an organization of low-wage workers, Black, white and brown, urban and rural, dedicated to fighting racism and winning economic justice for all.
To identify, engage, and develop low-wage workers by:
- Building relationships with workers and transforming them into workplace and community activists.
- Identifying and developing worker-leaders.
- Creating workplace and city-wide, worker-driven organizing committees.
- Identifying and coordinating with workers to take collective action and win advancements around workplace and community issues.
- Coordinating with workers to gather information that is useful in identifying opportunities for movement building and mobilization.
No prior organizing experience is required, however, the following will be necessary:
- A commitment to building a multi-racial workers movement.
- A willingness to conduct worksite visits and house visits.
- The ability to be on time and work long and irregular hours, including some nights, weekends, and holidays.
- A commitment to deep listening, to mastering organizing conversation skills, and to receiving and incorporating feedback from the organizing team.
- Detail oriented and able to carry out plans with direction from the state coordinator in a timely and effective manner.
- The ability to make and execute a weekly work plan.
- Sharp communication, writing and computer skills.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license, auto insurance, and an automobile for business use.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Please send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com