Position Summary: The Director of Community Health leads Beyond Housing’s community health initiatives, including an expanding Community Health Program (CHP) focused on diabetes, respiratory diseases, and other chronic conditions. In the CHP, community health workers engage with residents to identify health goals to better manage chronic conditions, provide one-on-one support to navigate the health system, including access to prescription medications and medical equipment, connect participants to insurance coverage and healthcare providers, and more. The CHP also provides group activities such as walking groups, support groups, and healthy cooking activities. The Director of Community Health will oversee the expansion of the program, collaborate with healthcare partners, agencies, and other partners to connect the CHP and community to resources, and align the program with Beyond Housing’s broader community development goals to collectively address social determinants of health.
- Lead and supervise community health worker team; provide ongoing support, guidance, and training to team members.
- Provide leadership in implementing the Community Health Program Expansion Plan, which includes expansion to additional chronic conditions, expansion of resources to address barriers to health, and health and wellness programming.
- Lead program recruitment efforts through developing community partnerships, referral pathways, marketing, and community outreach. Partners include Federally Qualified Health Centers, hospitals, health care providers, Normandy Schools Collaborative, and other community stakeholders.
- Develop partnerships and maintain ongoing communication with healthcare providers and other social service providers to remove barriers (transportation, childcare, insurance, financial, health education, etc.) in accessing primary health care and addressing client needs.
- Oversee multiple grants, including a federal grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Ensure grant deliverables are tracked and met and assist in the completion of grant reports.
- Manage department and grant budgets, monitor progress, and provide program budget updates.
- Serve as a Beyond Housing representative in local and national community health coalitions.
- Participate in regular training, including required training around health care protocols regarding the management of asthma, diabetes, and other conditions.
- Provide culturally appropriate health education and reinforce key health education messages regarding management and care.
- With Beyond Housing’s Evaluation team, monitor program outcomes and success, identify opportunities for improvement, and develop annual program goals.
- Consistently document all activities using Salesforce and oversee team members’ data input and deliverables.
- Create and update program procedures, policies, and documents on an annual basis.
- Work with Beyond Housing’s internal department and program leaders to identify program alignment and cross-department referrals.
- While the Director of Community Health will not typically have their own caseload, they are expected to complete Community Health Worker training and work directly with program clients on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years working in the community with partners and service organizations
- Master’s Degree in healthcare, public health, or a related field
- Trained in Community Health from St. Louis Community College or equivalent
- Community health/public health background experience, community clinic experience a plus
- Prior experience with managing grants and budgets
- Experienced working in a community‐based setting
- Culturally competent in communicating, educating, and collaborating with low-income families
- Familiarity with Normandy Collaborative and 24:1 area
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including, Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently without supervision and as part of a team
- Knowledge of community support and resources, including those related to chronic health conditions, with the ability to identify needs and access resources
- State Driver’s License and car or the ability to travel throughout the Normandy Schools Collaborative area
- Supervision and demonstrated team leadership
Please send a resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com. This job will remain posted until it has been filled.